19 questions with a Huskie – Zachery Cramer

Year in School: Junior
Major: Hospitality Management
Hometown: Peoria, IL

750x1000_15-Cramer_Zachery-0827-RB-29

Q: Are you reading anything good right now?
A: I am currently rereading the “Maze Runner” trilogy.

Q: What’s the last song you listened to?
A: “The Judge” by Twenty One Pilots.

Q: What’s your favorite spot to study on campus?
A: I prefer to study outside. I’ll just find a table outside and start reading or studying.

Q: Most interesting place you have traveled?
A: Last Spring Break my best friend and I flew to Arizona to visit her family!

Q: If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
A: I would be Shaggy Rogers from Scooby Doo! I have always loved the show and his metabolism would be convenient.

Q: What are three things you could not live without?
A: iPhone, Social Interactions and Music.

Q: What word or phrase do you most overuse?
A: “Gucci,” as in the designer brand. I use it instead of saying good or cool.
“Hey Zach, how’re you doing?”
“I’m Gucci.”

Q: What makes you laugh?
A: People with sassy attitudes make me laugh the most. I like being around people who can call others out like it really is.

Q: Who do you admire?
A: I admire people who are able to be completely professional and still create good relations with their coworkers and subordinates.

Q: On the weekends you like to…?
A: I like to catch up on my sleep, binge watch Netflix and I am usually fairly productive with my academics on weekends.

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve?
A: I want people to be more confrontational. I do not always confront things I have issues with, but more often than not I will call things out like they are rather than gossip about it.

Q: What quality do you most admire in a classmate?
A: I admire classmates that can hear a topic or idea once and comprehend it. It takes me hours of studying to feel only slightly confident.

Q: What quality do you most admire in a professor?
A: I admire professors who take the time to learn about their students, are flexible, try to relate to us and that actively want us to succeed. One of my favorite professors I have met so far was Karah Osterberg from the College of Business, who was extremely easy to contact and always very helpful.

Q: What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned at NIU?
A: The biggest lesson I have learned is that everyone here is here for us and we would be silly to not use that resource. Every faculty and staff member I have interacted with wants nothing more than to see me succeed in every venue and they have done nothing but bend over backwards to make that happen.

Q: What was some advice a person gave you when you were young that you still hold onto today?
A: “Use college to find yourself. And it’s okay if you still aren’t sure who you want to be at age twenty-five.”

Q: What is the best part about working on campus?
A: My favorite part about working on campus is being able to be a bigger part of the community. I like having the opportunity to work with other students and having that large role at the university.

Q: What is your favorite advice to share with first year students?
A: I always tell incoming students to reach out for help. This was the first college of seven that I looked into where every person I asked a question to was more than happy to answer it, even if it wasn’t a part of their department.

Q: What do you want to do after NIU?
A: Thanks to my experience here at Northern Illinois University I will be continuing onto Graduate School for Student Affairs. My end goal is to be the president of a university.

Q: Where’s your favorite place to eat on or near campus?
A: Diddy Dogs, across the street from Pizza Pros! I worked their over Summer 2015, and even though I ate there everyday it was always good food at a reasonable price, which is all college students really want.

Written by People of NIU