Huskie Homecoming, Huskie Pride!

My name is Collan Davidson, I am from South Beloit, Illinois and I am a second year graduate Sport Management major and proud Huskie here at NIU. I am currently the Graduate Assistant for Creative Services.

750x1000_DSC_6784

This is NIU’s 109th Homecoming as well as the 50th Anniversary of our 1965 NIU Huskies football team. There are so many activities planned for the whole campus to honor our great Huskie Tradition! We have a huge concert and cookout, as well as the NIU Homecoming Parade and events like the Fog Party and Annual Step Show.

This year I have the honor of running on the Homecoming Court. My HUSKIE PRIDE is a reflection of my many areas of involvement around campus. Coming from a small town, I made it a duty to come to NIU and be involved as much as possible. I currently serve as the president for my fraternity (Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.). I also serve on the Academic Planning Council, where we take an in-depth look at all of the academic programs from Bachelors all the way to Ph.D. Previously, I served as a Community Advisor (CA) as well as the Director of IT for Student Association where I got the opportunity the learn a lot more about the ins-and-outs of campus on the political side. I am also proud member of Black Male Initiative (BMI), a retention program for all student on campus. I believe the definition of a great student leader comes from being active on campus, maintaining great academics and giving back to the community – three things I pride myself on very much. During my undergraduate and graduate time at NIU, I have received various scholarships and leadership awards for academic involvement. Sharing the experiences of people from all these organizations is what makes me such a very diverse person, and that is great for personal growth and development.

I am very proud to be a part of the Homecoming Court events and activities this year because some of the events are hosted by the NPHC Fraternity and Sorority Council of which I am a part. Being a part of the Homecoming Court is a great experience for me because I will be attending all the events and representing my NIU Huskie Pride! This is a great chance for the candidates to interact with the NIU community and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity experience.

GO HUSKIES!

Written by Collan Davidson